Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Visit Kdice for a dose of risk

Recently, I have been moderately hooked on a "new" game - Kdice.

It is modified somewhat from Dicewars which utilizes the concepts found in the popular board game Risk. I have been a great fan of Risk so it did not take me too long to warm to Kdice.

You play this game via your browser and no program installation is required. For the basic instructions, check out the left panel of the site. Somehow, I missed this portion totally when I first signed up and I had quite a time figuring out how the game worked.

The primary objective remains the same though - kill everyone else and proclaim yourself King. :P

The main difference between Kdice and Dicewars is the multi-player aspect. Dicewars is a single-player game and you play against the AI. It is still quite fun nevertheless but after a while, you may hunger for the company of fellow humans. Kdice pits you against human players - though it is quite a chore (a minor one but still a chore) to find a table where you qualifies for and where you can sit in.

One thing that gets on my nerve sometimes is the element of luck. I feel that luck is given too much a sway over the game. I don't want to spoil it for you so you can just try the game out and decide for yourself.

If you like the original Risk, I think you will spend at least several hours on Kdice. And maybe even come back for more. :P

PS.: Here's a useful guide - http://kdice.wikispaces.com .


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: