Monday, November 5, 2007

Check out the RPG Feudalism


Here's a role-playing game that got me very excited the first time I played it - Feudalism at www.kongregate.com/games/Vitaly/feudalism .

The simple official description of the game is "Choose a hero, complete quests, buy weapons and build the most powerful army to capture the whole world in this medieval strategy/RPG game." Arguably, the truth is exactly that. However, I feel that the developer, Vitaly, deserves more credit than only that.

I quite like the artwork of this game. Many of the weapons, armors and units are beautifully designed and they make me want to keep playing the game.

For a flash game, I think what we have here is very impressive. The game world is relatively large, with several nations and a considerable number of cities. The choice of weapons is plentiful and Vitaly even provided for characters of both genders (of course, this is not saying a girl can't play a male character or vice-versa - which was what I did since I wanted the starting attributes :P).

Tips for the raw beginner: You may wish to start with the Japanese nation (referred to as Far East Empire in the game). The reason for this is that you can just concentrate on maxing one skill - the Far East Weapons skill - to get the benefits for both close and long range weapons. Otherwise if you want to use both kinds of weapons, you will need to max the two skills individually.

That said, suffice to say that if you play the game right, you won't even need to attack with your hero. The units you command will easily send the enemies packing for you. Just make sure you max Patriotism and Art of War (and add points to Intelligence subsequently) to reap increased benefit of your units that are auto-controlled.

My favorite long range weapon is the shuruiken and my favorite melee one is the katana. It is a pity the katana can't be used on a horse (which adds speed and/or defense) so I can only choose either. As for my favorite unit, it is the samurai. The samurai unit unfortunately does not have a horse (which helps it moves faster) so crusader/inquisitor would be a close second.

I guess the trick of the game is to get the best horse, weapon (armor would be nice too) and units soonest possible in order to conquer the world (obvious right? lol :p). The screen shot shows my second full game and I definitely took my own sweet time - I was trying out different weapons, among other things. Once you get yourself familiarized with the game, I think you can perhaps win by level 15 or 20.

So if you have a few hours of time to kill, go check out Feudalism. I hope you will enjoy it like I did. =)


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: