Thursday, November 8, 2007

Check out Weewar

Weewar is a round-based strategy game that allows you to pit yourself against up to five other human players. The speed of the game was decent when I tested it and gameplay was generally smooth.

But as you can see from the screen shot, I was in a rather bad shape then (lol) and was about to lose (I was playing blue). Just my first game... learning the ropes.

For instance, I didn't know that artilleries were so powerful and effective. I also didn't realize that I can move and attack in the same turn (I just kept remembering the zone of control thingy only). Yes I know you may say that the guide explains all this but hey, reading and understanding are two completely different things. :P

One thing I noticed is that they seriously need more players. When I tested the game, there were only 4 available games (all 4-player ones) that players can join. I thought I was lucky when I joined the one that was just short of one player. But alas, I had to wait and wait and the host still did not start the game after my patience ran out.

My guess is that getting players to join a game is a hard thing and so that host just went AFK. So to test the game and write this review, I had to start a two-player game myself and wait a bit before someone came.

For those who like games in the war and strategy genre and want to battle it out with tanks and troopers, this game is for you. I see a heck of a lot of work gone into this game - also evident from the extra tools provided - as can be seen from the tools page. They are even providing their API. ^^

And so, I think Weewar is something worth watching. Check it out at www.weewar.com . Right now, it is still not open to the public - but fret not, just request for an invite - they gave me an account the very next day. =)


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: