Sunday, November 18, 2007

Your love of emails will determine your age...

I like emails. I don't fancy IM. I am not at Facebook.
Does this mean my time is past?

A long time ago before the coming of the Internet, populations around the world were communicating via letters and telegraph. We call letters "snail mail" now but then, it was considered highly advanced when compared to delivery by messenger pigeons. Today, individuals seldom write letters anymore. Only companies or formal matters require letters - and even this is changing.

For quite a while, emails have been touted as the way to go. "Go electronic", many advocates urge. Communication via letters has almost vanished and it has been replaced by instantaneous emails. I love emails - because sending them is practically instantaneous and also because emailing is "asynchronous". I love the freedom of replying whenever I feel like or am able to.

But recently, with the silly hype about Facebook and it being the next Google which is the next Microsoft, another age seems to be upon us. No longer are people (not only youngsters - even adults seem to be belting up for the ride) communicating via emails or even IM, instead, they do so through the various social networking sites they have signed up with and sunk their roots into.

It is hard to imagine what is so fascinating about this relatively new mode of communication - not unless one pretends to be one of those egoistic and desperately attention-seeking selves that many there probably are (not to say blogging is totally lacking in these elements...). :P

So do you like emails? If you do, you are probably too old for this world now. Adieu.

PS.: Here's someone who feels like me.

Update: I came across another article on this topic. This guy here wrote it 10,000 more beautifully than me. :P


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: