Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Can you bear to order pizza in the rain?

The sky was dumping buckets of cats and dogs but I didn't care. I was snuggled tight beneath my blanket, enjoying the feeling of warmth in an air-conditioned room. Yes, it was raining outside but the extra chill and booming thunder only add to the coziness.

While I was lying there and wondering if I should force myself to wake up to the new day, my stomach started to grumble like Grandpa Thunder. I felt like eating pizza. Let's see... shall I order one from Pizza Hut? Or Canadian Pizza? Or...? Yet it struck me then that it would be quite wrong of me to satisfy myself that way.

It was raining, I wanted a pizza and somebody had to deliver it. Over here, all deliverymen for takeaways ride bikes. How safe is it to ride a bike in the rain? How comfortable is it for them to get into their cold and stinky raincoats to brave the weather to send me a piping hot pizza? I felt guilty just thinking about that and so, I got up and cooked myself a plain bowl of instant noodles instead.

So here's the question I like to pose to you. Having read my rationale above, can you (still) bear to order pizza in the rain?

Related myLot discussion: Can you bear to order pizza in the rain?


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: