Monday, April 16, 2007

Have you found the secret?

What exactly is this "The Secret" that has been quite the hype recently? Is it really going to herald some new era for humankind as the website claims?

I read that this secret has been passed throughout the ages, traveling through centuries... to finally reach us and humankind. This is supposedly The Secret to everything - the secret to unlimited joy, health, money, relationships, love, youth: everything you have ever wanted.

Well, I guess they are exaggerating a bit. I certainly am not brainwashed enough to kiss the cover of the DVD casing and think it is some secret work of God. :P

One of my friends bought the DVD and I had the good fortune to sponge off his generosity. So there I was, tucked into a comfortable armchair, and with a packet of chips in my hands. If you are not as lucky as me, you can at least check out the trailer at http://thesecret.tv/movie/trailer.html .

The video features several distinguished names such as John Assaraf, Michael Beckwith, Jack Canfield, Bob Proctor and John Gray, to name but a few. To see who else, you can refer to http://www.thesecret.tv/teachers.html .

After watching the DVD, I must say that it is one neat piece of work. I like the beautiful canvas landscape against which the speakers were filmed. I don't know who drew those pictures on the canvas, but they look real nice. With a matching music repertoire to boot, I think it is a very well compiled video. At this time of writing, it is retailing for US$29.95 only. For the quality of this film "art piece" alone, I would say the price is worth it.

Personally though, I feel that it is more hype than not. The law of attraction that was talked about is really some common sense which they tried to package into something special. Someone brilliant just thought of this law (that isn't really that new), got together all these famous people to lend their experience and credence to it, and ka boom, THE SECRET is born.

But like I said, no harm checking it out. The main website is at http://www.thesecret.tv if you are interested.


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: