Friday, October 17, 2008

GiantBux - kaboom

There goes GiantBux.

This isn't really a scam but an example of how people can go rushing into setting up a PTC site then claim that they don't have time, need to walk their rabbit, feed their roaches, whatever, etc.

There is now a new owner for GiantBux who is possibly banned by both PayPal and AlertPay. I mean, why else would he/she only pay by Liberty Reserve? PayPal is strict - I can somewhat (but not really) understand but AlertPay? I really wonder what the new owner has done to get banned (I am just speculating).

So now, the payment mode is changed to Liberty Reserve only. You know, I am really tired of getting an account with every single shady payment processor in the world. It has taken me quite a while to overcome my resistance to AlertPay - and that is only because I have an arrangement with a friend to combine our earnings, forgo the exorbitant withdrawal fee then use the money to have a little meal together.

So until GiantBux starts offering PayPal, AlertPay or even e-gold, I will pass on this freedom-not-reserved opportunity. Adieu.


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time to hear this Liberty Reserve. You mean they used to pay through paypal?

Lord War Wizard said...

This is a relative new PTC site. I think they used to only pay by AlertPay.

I was referring to the new owner of this site. Usually, site owners pay by AlertPay because their PayPal accounts got banned. So I was guessing that the new guy has not only his PayPal account banned but also AlertPay banned.

AlertPay is kinda inferior and I thought it is quite hard to get banned from it (assuming they don't ban me for saying this! :P).

Anonymous said...

Hi baby, lol!

After several days of neglecting vista, suddenly I found my blood pressure went up 10 notches when there were 2 programs which I can't uninstall. I did all the usual SOP but there only appeared "can't find in install log file." :P Better google for help. :)

I suggest that you stop accepting PTC that pays through AlertPay. Seems like its the ongoing craze around net. They might even belong to one group of people. :(

Lord War Wizard said...

You probably uninstalled it "improperly" last time. Just delete all the remnants you can find then use ccleaner to remove the rubbish (via registry tab).