Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Would you step forward to help a tourist?

You notice a person a few strides away from you. He is studying a map. If you take out a coin and flip it 1,000 times, it will come up Head just once, meaning he is a geography student and 999 times Tail, meaning he is a tourist.

This tourist looks lost and might perhaps appreciate some help. Would you step forward to help him? Or would you look away and hope he will not come to ask you? Or will you actively walk as far away from him as you think "safe"?

Me? I will probably do the last or at least the second.
(And you must be thinking now: Geez, I never realize Wizzy is such a scoundrel as this! Whatever I think of him, I never expect him to be so unhelpful!)

Ouch. My ears hurt. Well there is a reason for my apparent "un-helpfulness". You see, I am absolutely clueless with directions. 9 out of 10 chances that I will probably not know what that tourist is asking. I love to help but that's only valid if it is within my means. Yes, you will probably point out that I have a 1 in 10 but hey, Wizzy prefers to keep embarrassment to a minimum.

So, let's hear from you now instead? How would you react when you see a tourist fumbling? Would you step forward to help a tourist?

Related myLot discussion: Would you step forward to help a tourist?


The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Breast Cancer Site The Animal Rescue Site

0 comments: